Thursday, September 4, 2008

Today's comic is brought to you by 1997 because last night made my head explode.

rah-ful-mao
[xx-xx-1997]
This is pretty much how I felt after watching the RNC.


A.B.S.R.D. [Absolute Bullshit is being Spread at the RNC Damnit]

- So, yeah. I watched the Republican National Convention last night to watch Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, age 44, speak. Between her and Rudy Giuliani, my head exploded approximately 2340980 times and my heart and stomach ached. Everything they said was either extremely disrespectful, exaggerated, or a flat out LIE. I was disgusted not because of what they said necessarily but because of their delivery. I just don't understand how someone can sit there and allow them to behave like bitter children. I find it completely unprofessional and don't believe that these are the people who should run our country. [@youtube: GOPconvention2008]

- There were a number of things I did last night to cool off a little. (1) I vented to my friends, (2) I read every blog post at The New Republic concerning Palin's speech and (3) I watched Sara Benincasa's Palin vlogs over and over again. I'd say they all worked out pretty well. [@tnr; @que sera sara; @youtube: SaraBenincasa]

- US Open Update: I know I said I quit womens tennis BUT I just can't help it. Any tennis is good tennis. That being said here's the line-up for the semis: Dinara Safina v. Serena Williams and Elena Dementiava v. Jelena Jankovic. On the men's side so far: Rafael Nadal v. Andy Murray. [@nytimes; @time; @bbc]

- "Hurricanes are getting fiercer" and global warming is to blame. Or is it? There's no denying that we have a lot more for storms to destroy nowadays. However, while there is more for storms to wreck, the fact of the matter is that the storms are stronger now than they used to be. I just thought it was intersting to see both of these articles within 30 mins. [@nature; @time]

- Archeologists may have found the oldest skeletons in the Americas in an underwater cave in Mexico. If the carbon-dating is accurate, this discovery may lead to a new theory of how the Americas were populated. [@national geographic]

- Speaking of old findings, the oldest gecko fossil has also been found! It's said to be around a hundred million years old. [@national geographic]

- This just makes me LOL. "Cross-dressing thief leaves fake breast behind" MSNBC sure has some quality headlines. [@msnbc]

- I may be guilty of loving a show that originated in the UK but I've been noticing a huge increase in foreign programming recently. Why don't American television producers know how to make quality original programming? [@salon]

No comments: