Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's secretly my someecard comic week.

rah-ful-mao BD
[16-09-2008]



A.B.S.R.D. [AM Blogging = poor Sleeping habits Reversed? Debatable]

- LOL, let's start this off slow and talk about math [can you tell that I'm in desperate need of getting back into a classroom?]! The Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search, GIMPS, recently produced the two latest [and greatest] prime numbers. I guess this is some sort of big deal? I have no idea. I can barely remember what 2+2 equals anymore. I really need school to start. [@scientific american]

- Al Gore is making the World Wide Web global! Oh wait. Not Al Gore. Sorry, I mean.. Tim Brenners-Lee? The [real] inventor of the internet has said that the World Wide Web Foundation will be working to bring the web to people everywhere who don't already have access to it. "The Web does not just connect machines, it connects people." Holla Web 2.0! [@scientific american]

- The stock market and our economy took a turn for the worst yesterday with the Lehman Brothers to declare bakruptcy and Merril Lynch being sold. The Dow fell 504 pts, the biggest drop since the market reopened after 9/11. Some are saying that while the economy is bad, it's not "catastrophic." Alan Greenspan begs to differ and frankly, so do I. Where's FDR when you need him? [@nytimes, @time, @youtube]

- "Strange 'ant from Mars' discovered" Before you go thinking that proof of life has actually been found on Mars [which may or may not have been my first reaction upon reading the headline], it was actually discovered on here on good ol' Earth. I found this news less exciting after I found that out. [@msnbc]

- "Forget about hockey moms and Paris Hilton--the financial collapse is a stark reminder of what actually matters in this election." It's articles like these that make me feel informed and intelligent after reading them. Thanks TNR! [@the new republic]

- I was pretty much done with this post until I saw this article linked on TNR. Really Sarah Palin, REALLY?? [@abcnews]

No comments: