Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's another Noon 30 day and the only thing I'm behind on is this.

rah-ful-mao BD
[10-09-2008]


A.B.S.R.D. [A Big, Scary Raggedy Andy Dream]

- As a proud new bberry owner, I found this relevant to my interests. The one thing I miss most about my old razr is that it's a flip phone. I love flip phones because (1) if you don't have pockets or a bag, you can just easily put it on the waistband of your shorts/pants/whatever [def used this techinque a lot for places like disney and six flags] and (2) you can put them in your back pocket and not worry about pressing 5 million buttons. While I love my bberry curve, I'm really afraid I'm gonna break it if I put it in my back pocket which is a total bummer cuz where else am I gonna store it?? [@msnbc]

- If for some reason you haven't heard/seen, facebook got a facelift. The new format that's been around for about a month and a half now is supposedly becoming permanent some time today. I was in the first wave of users introduced to the new format and I've been using it since late July. At first I was VERY opposed to the new layout [re: 1-800-INTERNET] but I'm pretty much used to it now. I still have some complaints but it looks like we're all just gonna have to deal. [@msnbc; @rah-ful-mao]

- Good news! Yesterday the LHC [Large Hadron Collider] was turned on and there was no blackhole and we didn't die. Success! For those of you who don't know what the LHC is, it's a proton accelerator at CERN that can collide proton beams at nearly the speed of light. It'll be used to simulate and study the conditions of the moment after the Big Bang. [@national geographic; @scientific american]

- The only people I know who still use AOL are my parents and really that's only because they still use their AOL email as their primary email. Granted, I have to go to aol.com to check my AIM email too. But still, I don't see why aol.com is updating the page to include other email providers. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. I'd say this is lol-worthy but I pity the ancient internet provider more than anything.. [@nytimes]

- Oof. The GOP is at it again. According to Jane Swift, Obama called Palin a pig and McCain a fish in his speech in Lebanon, VA and the McCain campaign is expecting an apology. I guess they've never heard the phrase "You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig" before even though I'm pretty sure one of their own has used it. Hmmm. This time, instead of my mind exploding, my head can't stop shaking at their silliness. [@the new republic; @youtube]

- OMFG, if you aren't friends with me on facebook or twitter [which is highly unlikely cuz I know where all my traffic comes from.], then I need to tell you: I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO GO TO SAN FRANCISCO LOVEFEST! I don't care if it's the first weekend after school starts. I don't care if it's the same day as the Oregon v. USC game. I want to go to SF and party in the streets during the day and then go to the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium for the afterparty that night. I love techno. I love dancing. I love people. So OBVS I'd love LoveFest. [@sflovefest]

No comments: