Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm disappointed by the lack of good articles over the weekend.

rah-ful-mao BD
[15-09-2008]



A.B.S.R.D. [Articles here were the Best from this weekend. Still Rather Disappointing]

-The LHC computer system at CERN was hacked last week by a group calling themselves 2600. The intrusion was intended to show weaknesses in the computer's defense system. Imagine if someone invaded the LHC and did funky things to it! Remember that black hole and destruction of the world thing that some people thought would happen when it was turned on? Yeah, I'm imagining something kind of like that. [@scientific american]

- It's becoming increasingly apparent that it is impossible for me to make a post without having at least one article about Sarah Palin. Today's article is about her duties [or lack there of] as mayor of Wasilla, a position that counts for the bulk of her executive experience. Let's just say this further solidifies my opinions of her and McCain since he's the one who made the risky move of making her VP. [@msnbc]

- NFL Update: I'm not gonna lie, I was a little torn watching the Bears game yesterday. I have my loyalties for the Bears and I'd never cheer against them but Jonathan Stewart [former running back for the Oregon Ducks] plays for the Carolina Panthers and he played an amazing game. It's not that I didn't cheer for the Bears [cuz obvs I did], I just also cheered for Jonathan Stewart.. [@msnbc]

- Ugh, I admit it. I watch Gossip Girl and I love it, thank you very much. Yes, I realize that shows like GG and 90210 aren't necessarily the best at showing how being rich isn't all fun and games. And yes, I realize that they give viewers unrealistic expectations. But I can't help but love escapist fantasy shows. Oh, and just for the record, I loved Veronica Mars. [@salon]

- You know what? I like Joe Biden. I think Obama made the right choice in picking him for VP. He did very well with his speech in Michigan. "Yes, this campaign is about change, but it’s about even more than that. It’s about what we value as a people. It’s not just about a job, it’s about dignity. It’s not just about a paycheck. It’s about pride. It’s not just about opportunity. It’s about respect. That’s why Barack and I are in this race." Obama/Biden '08! [@the new republic]

- I am so, so, SO glad that I don't fly United. $50 for a second bag is absolutely ridiculous. [@wall street journal]

- And finally, on the off chance that you didn't already know, Tina Fey returned to SNL for the season premiere to play Sarah Palin. She totally NAILED it. I'm basically in love with her. [@youtube]

No comments: