Thursday, September 4, 2008

Let's finish the week on a lighter, happier note.

rah-ful-mao BD
[05-09-2008]


Before I get started, I'd like to apologize for the nega-fest my blog has been for the past few days. I have a tendency to get heated about politics I don't agree with [not so much with those I do agree with though]. Anyways, I should be way more relaxed now that the RNC is over.

A.B.S.R.D. [A Blogger Should Relax and Deal]

- While I think it's a nice concept, I don't see the practicality of video cell phone for the hearing-impaired. Before I upset anyone I just want to point out that if you hold it in one hand that limits signing ability. Also, they suggest placing it on a steady surface but that sort of takes away from the mobility of a cell phone in general. [@scientific american]

- Now, money adapted for the blind? See [haha, get it? SEE?], that is actually practical. Props to Judge Robertson for insisting this be done. Personally, I like the idea of raised numbers because different sized bills would be a hassle. [@time]

- I am such a nerd. I love TEDtalks. I "learn" a lot and laugh a bit along the way. If you have half an hour to kill, watch Pete Hirshberg talk about how the web and web 2.0 trumps teevee. If you don't want to watch 30 mins of nerdy comedy gold just skip to 25:00 where he actually gets to his point. [@ted]

- I think HP needs to take a lesson from Sony and recall the HP Pavillion dv9000. My screen cover already cracked once from overheating! [@wall street journal]

- Much like Joe Biden, I really like the idea of clean coal factories. Apparently, so does Germany. Why is everybody but the US actually doing something to help out the with the environment? [@scientific american]

- Memories have always intrigued me and now we're finally figuring out where they come from. This is really fascinating.[@nytimes]

- When I see or hear anything about breast cancer or mammograms, I just remember sitting in the auditorium at school and having to feel up three fake boobs that were either clear, had a cyst or had a tumor. This seems like a much more reliable technique. [@time]

- Last night concluded the Republican National Convention. Unfortunately, I missed John McCain's acceptance speech because I had no idea when it was and by the time I found out he was already half way through it. So instead I just read the notes on it from the TNR blogs. I'll end up watching it on youtube when I have time. The thing's an hour long! Geez![@tnr; @youtube: GOPconvention2008]

- US Open Update: I'll make this brief. The other mens semi match will be between my love Roger Federer and that Serbian I don't like Novak Djokovic. [@bbc]

No comments: