Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I woke up at Noon 30 and I'm way behind on EVERYTHING.

rah-ful-mao BD
[09-09-2008]

A.B.S.R.D. [A Bunch of Supposedly Random Dailies]

- I love JK Rowling. She sure showed Steven Vander Ark who's boss. Hint: She is. She's the boss. Did I already mention that I love her? Cuz I do. Her and her amazing book series. [@nytimes]

- Hell yeah! Illinois is awesome. We're home to the largest fossil forests ever. Take that world! [@bbc]

- On one hand, the fact that we now have life that can "withstand the vacuum and radiation of space" without a space suit is really cool. On the other hand, water bears creep me out. A lot. [@nature]

- If you think this is cool, I highly recommend reading Crashing Through: A True Story of Risk, Adventure, and the Man Who Dared to See by Robert Kurson. The subtitle says it all. [@nature; @amazon]

- More colleges need to do this. Specifically, University of Oregon needs to do this since their financial aid sucks and I'd like to graduate without having a disgusting amount of debt. [@time]

- Ok, so what does it mean if I didn't really see those things as columns vs. background in the first place? I was under the impression that everything was on the same level. My visual system is mind-boggling! [@cognitive daily]

- Apple revealed their new iPod nano designs today. These things are gonna break in pockets around the world! [@bbc]

- US Open Update: I love Roger. I love tennis. I love the world. Federer beat Andy Murray and his ugly half beard that probs eats small British children yesterday in straight sets for his 5th consecutive US Open title. Everything is finally the way it should be. [@msnbc; @nytimes]

No comments: