Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I can't draw horses. I also can't draw dogs so there went my back up plan.

rah-ful-mao BD
[03-09-2008]


A.B.S.R.D. [A Better Solution to Rainy Days: part two]

- I've always just assumed that peaceful protests aren't really all that peaceful. Obvs, I've yet to be proven wrong. It's kind of a shame that the ice sculpture they carved melted by the time the GOP big hitters got there. Guys, it isn't *always* cold in Minnesota. [@time]

- While doctors are still unsure that hypothermia treatment was the key component to former Buffalo Bills player Kevin Everett's parlysis recovery, the fact of the matter is that he's able to walk and that alone is simply amazing. [@scientific american]

- Apparently SciAm is all about football this week. Well, that's just fine with me because they finally answered a question I've had since last season: "What is turf toe?" [@scientific american]

- US Open Update: I'll make this brief because other than Roger Federer's nail-biting victory over Igor Andreev, I could care less about Dementieva moving into the semis or Djokovic narrowly beating Tommy Robredo [a match that I'm not too happy about]. I want my Serbians back. [@bbc; @nytimes; @nytimes]

- I don't care what anyone thinks - I own a Zune [well, technically owned.. mine was stolen a few weeks ago] and I'm proud of it. I used to own an ipod so it's not like I haven't checked out the competition. It's nice to know that someone else at least thinks about us Zune loyals. [@nytimes]

- After yesterday's post I was hoping to stay away from anything Sarah Palin BUT she's speaking at the RNC tonight so obvs I need to talk about her. This will most likely be make or break for Palin to show what kind of politician and potential veep/pres she will be. I'll save my comments for tomorrow. For now, this is what she'll need to do. [@the new republic]

No comments: