Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to the grind

rah-ful-mao BD
[25-08-2008]


So before I get to A.B.S.R.D. I'd like to share with you just how productive my weekend was! It consisted of painting, biking, and sitting at the computer. Holla! BUT. While sitting at the computer I actually got something done: I designed a killer t-shirt and put it up on zazzle.com. This means people can buy my awesome shirt and I get some cash flow! The shirt itself is called "Dinobot Attack" and it features the dinosaur and robot from my e-party comic. This time, instead of partying, the two are destroying the city and fighting off an angry red helicopter. Which reminds me that, YES, the design is in COLOR. The robot is a colorful mess. =]

You can check out the shirt here: http://zazzle.com/rahfulmao
[As you can see, I also have my "I Love Bears" shirt up for sale too. Perfect for those of you who like Man vs Wild]

A.B.S.R.D. [Articles By Some Real Deals]

- There are no words I can think of that accurately describe how this article made me feel. It's horrific, beautiful, and human. "My Long War" by Dexter Filkins. [@nytimes]

- What can I say? I'm a sucker for photo essays; especially ones from the Olympics. This one has a photos of the different tattoos Olympians are sporting nowadays. It's nice to see more than just the typical five colored rings of the Olympic games. However, I think there is a serious lack of athletes with stars that happen to be on the inside of their right ankles. JUST SAYING. [@time]

- Like I said, I'm a real sucker. This Olympic photo essay documents the highs and lows of the games. [@time]

- On Saturday, presidential hopeful Senator Barack Obama found a vice president in the likes of Senator Joe Biden of Deleware. As a first time voter, I figured it was best to look into the other man I will be voting for in November. [@salon]

- The title alone was enough to cause a double take. A remote.. in your mouth.. controlled by your tongue?? "Study: Tongues to Control Devices" [@time]

- Finally, and most importantly [!!!], the US Open starts today!! Holla! Obvs I'll be tracking my faves aka Roger Federer, Ana Ivanovic, Rafael Nadal, Gael Monfils, Venus and Serena Williams, etc. [@usopen]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You like Obama too? Nice!

Tennis is awesome. Did you see how James Blake got totally screwed his Olympic match??

Vashti said...

Unfortunately, I missed ALL of the Olympic tennis matches.. =[